Re: [SLE] SCPM profiles and network proxy settings
  • From: pelibali <pelibali@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:42:37 +0200
Hi,

On Thu, 18 May 2006 08:29:51 -0400
Jerry Feldman <.> wrote:

> I'm primarily interested in changing the Firefox proxy settings with scpm.
>
> One way to do this is to have a script make the appropriate changes to the
> prefs.js.
>
> The global proxy is set in sysconfig which is changed by scpm.

I don't know, which SUSE you use, but on 9.1 Firefox 1.0.8 DOESN'T know the
system's proxy settings. Why you fight with scpm, if you have possibility
to make profiles under Firefox itself, e.g. via "firefox -ProfileManager".
I used to setup at least two profiles there, one direct and another with
proxy. When you wish to start Firefox, you could do it e.g. by
firefox -P default
firefox -P proxymoxy

Regards,
Pelibali:)