[SLE] step by step boot - howto
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:51:51 -0500
Hi all,
I hit a really weird problem here. In order to understand what the
problem i s though :) I need to be able to stop the boot process, so I
can read the screen. ctrl-s is of no help. It can stop it too early,
and does not work when I need it.

The problem is related to LVM not correctly read or something. It
displays a long list of error messages for fsck not been able to
access /dev/system/xxxxx, where "system" is the name of my volume
group, and xxxxx are different volumes.

Booting in rescue mode with the dvd shows all groups/volumes ok, all
partitions pass fsck, etc.

but my normal boot ... yeah, I already told you :(

And after all these errors it throws me in the maintenance mode. And
just before that it says that blogd can not create log messages,
because /var is inaccessible.

So - no log messages, no ctrl-s, and it scrolls too fast for me to get
anything meaningful.

How do I make this boot process slower / stop it / confirm step by
step .. anything, please

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a
2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.