Re: [SLE] Almost in a panic here...
  • From: yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:14:27 -0400
Quoting James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>:

yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

As root, can you see /home? Or /home/user? Did you have /home on a
separate partition?

I can see a 'home' directory yes, but there's no /home/user when I
click on it. There's just nothing.
When I setup my system, I had /home, /, and swap IIRR. So yes, I guess
it was on its own partition.

If you can see /home, but it's empty, then it's likely not mounted.
You'll have to see if there are any unmounted partitions and see if
that's where /home is. If you find it, just add it into fstab and mount
it. You can use fdisk, to see what partitions are on your disk. Then
try any that are not specifically listed in fstab.

I do see this also, a 'data1', but it's also empty, no /user or anything. This is also what's in my fstab:

/dev/hda2 / reiserfs defaults 1 1
/dev/hda1 swap swap pri=42 0 0
/dev/hda3 /data1 auto noauto,user 0 0
/dev/hda4 /data1 auto noauto,user 0 0
/dev/hdb1 /data1 auto noauto,user 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0

Where'd this 'data1' come from? Should I do 'fdisk' in a console as a command? It won't mess anything up, right?
Sorry for any dumb questions, but I'm just jittery as hell right now, worried I'll lose everything, heh.