Re: [SLE] Almost in a panic here...<SOLVED>
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:05:45 -0400
On Sunday 16 July 2006 14:55, JB wrote:
> Okay, replacing the old fstab with Carl's fstab did the trick, though
> when I rebooted it stuck at the screen 'GRUB (something)1.5'.

I was just composing another post:

"I hope the repair system didn't also 'repair' grub (i.e. reinstall it) and
screw up the device mapping in the process ;-/ The 'repaired' fstab had
'/boot' residing natively under '/' on /dev/hda2, so grub might have been
reconfigured to boot from hd(0,1)/boot/grub/menu.lst, in which case it would
fail..."

:-)

Glad you got it sorted out and, yes, replacing /etc/fstab and reinstalling
grub using the 'repair system' again was going to be my next recommendation.

> I really am grateful to Praxis and Carl and James and the others who got
> me through this mess I created. If any of ya are ever in W. TN (exit 116 or
> 108 on I-40 is best, heh), I owe ya a beer or 12! Thank you all, this is
> *still* the best darned list there is!

You're welcome (and remember 'mv' next time) ;-)

Carl