Re: [SLE] Software Management -- "Avail. Ver." vs "Inst. Ver." in 10.1
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:50:28 -0400
On Sunday 16 July 2006 18:20, Greg Wallace wrote:
> But we're saying that the "Installed Version" does get populated from the
> installation source as soon as you apply the patch, right? In other words,
> Installed Version and Available Version will always stay in sync as long as
> you keep updating every time an update becomes available.

The value displayed in 'Inst Ver' *always* originates from the rpm database.
If you change the status of a package (install, uninstall, apply a patch,
upgrade or downgrade) the number displayed in 'Inst Ver' changes accordingly.

The value displayed in 'Avail Ver' *always* originates from your defined
installation sources. If you have ten sources defined carrying three
different versions of a package, the *newest* version available across all of
your sources will be displayed in 'Avail Ver'

Carl