Re: [SLE] : How to install a really fresh SUSE?
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:32:16 -0500
The Nice Spider wrote:
> Is this a bug or suse limitation? When I do reinstall
> SUSE 10.1 I get new
> dev/sda6, it's look like SUSE don't delete all
> existing partition.

Why it should delete all existing partitions?
Have you ever used separate partition for data?

> I know,
> when I choose "expert" thre are 2 option: repair
> partition and bootable
> partition.

I'm sorry to say, but from your words it seems that you never actually
tried to install SUSE. Even in old times there was much more than 2
options in YaST.

> so, i must boot manually using MS DOS, delete all
> partition and reinstall
> SUSE :(

That is interesting way.

If you insist to do that manually, than linux fdisk is much better
choice than DOS counterpart.
If you like menus than cfdisk might be for you.
If you like scripts to automate your work there is sfdisk. It can backup
your boot sector in case that something goes wrong.
If you like GUI tools than you might like to boot GParted Live CD and do
the job.

--
Regards,
Rajko.