Re: [SLE] module missing in the upgraded kernel
  • From: James Watkins <misterwatto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:40:42 +0100
Anders Johansson wrote:

He said he had /usr and /var on logical volumes, and you don't need initrd for those, you only need to use initrd to mount /, since the point of initrd is to be able to access /lib/modules (which isn't allowed to be on a separate partition) so all the other drivers can be loaded

The problem must be something else, but until Sunny replies with more details we can't know

Of course, you're quite right. Unless he has / on a logical volume the initrd is irrelevant. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Cheers,

James.