[SLE] How to start a computer remotely - generic Q
  • From: Arun Mallikarjunan <arun@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:48:05 -0400

Hi All,
I was watching the program "Global warming - what you need to
know" on discovery channel yesterday and learned that TV's, and other
electronics use almost 40% of their normal wattage even when switched
off which came as a real surprise to me and these appliances can
result to a whopping more than 1/2 ton of Co2 annually. Well, I do my
part by riding my bike to work and taking the public transportation
whenever possible which in DC is really well organised.
the thing is thats when I thought about the possibility of
remotely starting my PC from anywhere. currently i leave it running
for the possibility of me having to access it every now and then but
would love to hear suggestions as to how to put this together.

I do run SUSE 10.0 and love it.

Thanks in Advance,
Arun