Re: [SLE] module missing in the upgraded kernel
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:44:53 -0500
On 7/17/06, Anders Johansson wrote:

He said he had /usr and /var on logical volumes, and you don't need initrd for
those, you only need to use initrd to mount /, since the point of initrd is
to be able to access /lib/modules (which isn't allowed to be on a separate
partition) so all the other drivers can be loaded

Anders, just curious - saying "isn't allowed" means is not a good
idea, or I'll get an error if I try to use a separate partition for
/lib?

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a
2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.