Re: [SLE] How to start a computer remotely - generic Q
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:52:41 -0400
Arun Mallikarjunan wrote:
electronics use almost 40% of their normal wattage even when switched
I wonder if that is from the same people who convinced some
friends years ago that switching flourescent lights off and on
made them use double the electricity so they should be turned off
as little as possible.

I guess it is the curse of being an engineer; I am going to have
to measure the power use of my TV tonight.

I do run SUSE 10.0 and love it.
I am glad it worked for you. I tried to upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0
and gave up because the installation was so horribly slow. It took
many minutes just to get to the starting screen and many more
minutes to get to the next. I didn't have the ambition or patience
to find out why so I gave up. I know it was an older computer
(233 MHz Pentium) but I never had that kind of trouble with
any other SuSE versions.

Damon Register