Re: [SLE] module missing in the upgraded kernel
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:52:43 +0200
On Monday 17 July 2006 16:44, Sunny wrote:
> Anders, just curious - saying "isn't allowed" means is not a good
> idea, or I'll get an error if I try to use a separate partition for
> /lib?

It's very much not a good idea, because /lib and a few other directories need
to be accessible if things fail. They need to be part of the base system.

I'm not sure if you'll actually get an error message, because it's one of
those things I've never been suicidal enough to try

Have a look at the FHS for a more comprehensive description

--
Ut supra post festum sunt obscura