Re: [SLE] syslog restart every 30 minutes
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:22:46 +0200
On Monday 17 July 2006 21:15, Alex Hayes wrote:
> Jul 17 14:08:58 LIINFBW syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
> Jul 17 14:09:03 LIINFBW kernel: klogd 1.4.1, log source = /proc/kmsg
> started.

This in itself doesn't show the "every 30 minutes" claim. But if it really
does restart every half hour, do you perhaps have a huge amount of log
messages coming in, and have set logrotate to run more than once per day?

A crash of syslog wouldn't cause it to restart, there is no respawn
functionality that I'm aware of, so it must be something that is actively
restarting it, and the only causes I can think of off hand are reboots and
log rotating

--
Ut supra post festum sunt obscura