[SLE] Suggestion: why suse use No-Yes and Yes-No?
  • From: The Nice Spider <thenicespider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:10:18 -0700 (PDT)
hi,

after try suse gnome for several time, i see suse is
not consistent and not
USER FRIENDLY here:
1. some dialog box show this action buttons: Yes or
No, but some dialog box
show: No or Yes
2. most of this dialog box show, .i.e: do you like
apple? No-Yes. this is
NOT HUMAN BEING! Usually we will show/speak/write in
this order "Yes or No".

As a programmer, i know this come from 0=No and 1=Yes,
which 0 ordered
before 1. But we must use Yes/No rather than No/Yes
for better GUI/User
Friendly because the user of Suse is not a computer by
a human :)
this uncovenient not happen on suse but almost all
linux.

suse dev team, do you read this email? on which
version suse will change
this? 10.2 or 10.3?