Re: [SLE] sax2 won't work
  • From: Michael James <Michael.James@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:47:05 +1000
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 01:37 pm, Masaru Nomiya wrote:

> > sax2 will not start, either in text or graphics mode.
> > Can I force sax2 to read the card?

From an earlier posting, subject: Re: Hyunda Monitor & 10.1

Sax has been completely haywire (on my hardware) since 9.3.
However this worked for me both on 10.0 and 10.1:

runlevel 3 root> sax2 -rux --vesa=0:1024x768@85

Which is to say to sax2,
"Don't think, forget all your preconceptions, just do this!

It actually gives me the screen I want AS THE SUGGESTION.
You MUST say yes at the first dialogue box, it tests, save it. Bingo!
If you hit "Change configuration", even if you don't,
you won't get any more sense out of it.

I have just read the bug report carefully and may
(after carefully saving my working xorg.conf)
try the NoDDC/IgnoreEDID options.

Try feeding it your desired resolution, HIW,
michaelj

--
Michael James michael.james@xxxxxxxx
System Administrator voice: 02 6246 5040

No matter how much you pay for software,
you always get less than you hoped.
Unless you pay nothing, then you get more.