[SLE] Re: Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: "T. Ribbrock" <admin_slox-e@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:52:13 +0200
On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 06:50:33PM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> Ken Schneider wrote:
>
> > Even evolution defaults to the cursor being at the top. Dumb, just plain
> > dumb.
> >

> Generally, in email, top posting is the norm. It's the mail lists that
> are "non-standard".

Not in my memory. I still remember when I started off with e-mail (must've
been 1990/91, IIRC) I was swiftly informed about "netiquette" and the correct
way of quoting in e-mails - and that was *not* on mailing lists. The first
times I came across that yucky "top quoting" was in some office
environment, and IIRC MS software was indeed involved...

Cheerio,

Thomas