[SLE] Re: Suggestion to improve OpenSUSE by providing only selected package!
  • From: Peter Nixon <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:05:19 +0300
On Tue 18 Jul 2006 08:54, The Nice Spider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to suggest suse team to provide NOT all
> product but only
> SELECTED package while other package will still
> available as an option in
> separate CD.

Who selects the packages? I am fairly sure that the package subset that you
would pick would be different to the subset that I would pick. One of the
nicest things about SUSE is the wide selection of packages it has available.
If you want a narrower subset of packages with greater support and testing
you should use SUSE Linux Enterprise (Which I also use btw..)

Regards

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/