Re: [SLE] SPAM: What is Runlevel B and S?
From: "Michael S. Dunsavage" <mikesd@xxxxxxx>

lol, I have nothing on my end that would add SPAM to any email. Yet I see it constantly from alot of posts. I just noticed it on all of The Nice Spiders posts.
The recent people trying to unsub - it's also showing up on their msg's as well.

Wonder if Comcast is playing around with something...

Nope. I don't use comcast and I get it as well

It's fairly simple to read the email headers if you choose to. It's
really not hard. It's easier than typing in all these complaints about
the unsubscribe messages.

A simple excursion into that realm reveals these header lines on a
typical original message tagged as spam.
===8<---
===8<---

It appears to be running SpamAssassin. It's Bayes database seems to be
ill trained.

(And I don't know about amavisd-new but with procmail it'd be really
easy to filter unsubscribe messages sent to the list. Then it could
perform the unsubscribe and consider that as the email being delivered
to the list.)

{^_^}