Re: [SLE] AutoStart in Gnome
  • From: BRUCE STANLEY <bruce.stanley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

Donald D Henson <wepin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 13:45 -0700, BRUCE STANLEY wrote:

> Is there an 'Auto Start' feature or menu (at log in time) for gnome 2.12?
>
> If so, can you place a '.desktop' file in there to control starting
> up a program?

I don't know the gory details but you can go to the Gnome Control
Center, scroll down to the 'System' area, click on 'Sessions', select
the 'Startup Programs' tab, and add as many programs as you want.

Hi Donald!

That worked but I did not solve my problem via this methord.

Xscreesaver ran at startup and I could configure it with
xscreesaver-demo, but when it fired up, the desktop locked up
untill I killed xscreensaver in a terminal window.

Gnome screensaver was disabled.