Re: [SLE] How to start a computer remotely - generic Q
  • From: Arun Mallikarjunan <arun@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:08:08 -0400

This is what I got from another forum for the wattages of common
electronic appliances

My Linksys Wifi access point uses 7-8 watts.
My 19" LCD monitor uses about 30 watts "on", 2 watts idle/"off".
My 24" CRT TV uses about 65 watts "on" and less than 1 watt "off".[0]
My 32" LCD TV uses about 150 watts "on" and 1 watt "off".
My Athlon64 MythTV system and its UPS use about 130 watts when idling.
My 1st generation iMac peaks around 110 watts, idles (OS X) around 102
watts, "sleeps" around 24 watts, and uses about 1 watt when "off".

All this sort of thing should be in the Ecology HOWTO, but I have not
looked at it in a long time: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Ecology-HOWTO/
<http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Ecology-HOWTO/>

Arun