Re: [SLE] Suggestion to improve OpenSUSE by providing only selected package!
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:31:29 -0600

> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 01:54, The Nice Spider wrote:
> > I would like to suggest suse team to provide NOT all
> > product but only
> > SELECTED package while other package will still
> > available as an option in
> > separate CD.
>
> I specifically buy SuSE linux because they provide such a wide range of
> ready-to-run applications. Wouldn't want it any other way.
>
> Next I suppose you will suggest *which* few apps they should supply.
>
> Send your suggestions to feedback as I requested two days ago. We here cannot
> do anything with them and SuSE devs do not read this forum.

The SUSE Linux team is looking at providing Pattern Selections rather than
the current method. This could satisfy both. If you want to provide
input to this take a look at opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxxx I think this
is going to be a great boost to SUSE Linux. Also note that the Current
SUSE Linux is going to be named OpenSUSE Linux for the next release (See
opensuse-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx).

- --
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>