Re: [SLE] X Server doesn't start at boot
  • From: Mello <mellowiz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:52:12 +0200
On 7/18/06, john <isofroni@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all

I have a Suse 9 Pro installed.

When the linux boots X server doesn't start and it seems that Graphic card
doesn't supply the correct electicity.

I restarted the system and I started with the failsafe option.

I logged in as root and giving the command startx or int 5, the Xserver
started properly.

Do you know what it may cause that failure ?

Thanks in advance

Hi John,
quick question (mainly out of my curiosity) was it working before?
Have you ever had a proper configuration?

Anyway, the good news are that you are able to log in and startx
manually. At the prompt you should also be able to start "sax2" (as
root). With that you can configure X.

Good luck,
-mw