Re: [SLE] Gates [OT]
  • From: "Orn E. Hansen" <orn_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:56:52 +0200
tisdaginn 18 juli 2006 09:48 skrev Andre Truter:
> Do you suggest that we ignore the bugs and rather focus on new
> features, new ideas, etc?
>
> How is "endlessly fixing bugs" a bad thing?

It depends on "how" the bugs originate. Remember that good old James Bond
movie, with the "Gates" copy figure? "Guaranteed to buy endless bug
fixes" :-)

> How does bug fixing prevent the IT revolution?

That something you should've been tought in the University ... when you
write a book, you can actually continue writing endlessly but however sooner
or later you have to put a period behind the sentence as otherwise its just
gonna sound pretty silly and youre going to run out of breath trying to read
it without putting a period there even if you feel you havent said everything
you think you need to say and then some you understand what Im trying to
point out here or do I have to continue to write without a period. And
finally, no matter how much you feel you need to put there and how much you
feel you need to add to the story that you are making you have to put an END
to it somewhere. Because without the END, you can't start a sequel ... can
you? And therefore, if you are not putting an END, it might start looking
like youre trying to stop others from making a sequel ... something like Star
Wars story, perhaps? :-)

Of course, its all just a theory and its all untrue ... doesn't need saying,
of course >:-)