Re: [SLE] Suggestion: why suse use No-Yes and Yes-No?
  • From: "PerfectReign" <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

Leendert Meyer wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 July 2006 05:52, PerfectReign wrote:
>> Anders Johansson wrote:

>> > No no no no no. It comes from the Gnome "Human Interface
>> Guidelines"
>> > people.
>> > It is not a SUSE thing, it is a gnome thing, and they did it
>> > conciously, with
>> > the idea that it would improve usability. You will see the exact
>> same
>> > thing
>> > in any distribution that uses gnome software
>>
>> Wow! You're right!
>>
>> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/windows-alert.html
>>
>> I wonder what they were smoking when they came up with those...
>
> I wonder what I have been smoking, because I can't find a reference to
> the
> Yes/No or No/Yes buttons. 3 x Yes and 2 x No...
>
> Where on the page is it?

Figure 3.12 - This shows Alternate, Cancel, Affirmative. It equates
roughly to Cancel, No, Yes.

I've been thinking about this a bit - since I've been writing UIs
since the TRS-80 days and GUIs since the early '90s, I cannot remember
ever seeing this layout. Very strange indeed.

I will look into putting the KGTk LD_PRELOAD hack into my system.
Looks wonderful!

> Cheers,
>
> Leen - quit smoking years ago ;P

Good for you! I haven't used my Weber for awhile, either.

--
Kai Ponte
www.perfectreign.com