[SLE] NFS hangs on machines with newer kernel (2.6.16* or 2.6.17*)
  • From: Shaun Q <shaun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:27:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hey everyone --

We're having some problems here where writing to nfs hangs on clients with more recent kernels -- our newer machines running 10.1 for example... but it works fine on the older machines with the 2.4 series kernels.

I thought it might be some of the newer and extended NFS options (version 4 support for example), so I disabled everything but the basic NFS v3 client option in the kernel... and it worked for a little bit... but the hanging issue is back again.

I can reproduce it using cat /dev/zero > file into the nfs mount... I can kill that process with less than a seconds wait on the old machines, but if I try it on the newer ones it hangs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Shaun