Re: [SLE] Suggestion to improve OpenSUSE by providing only selected package!
  • From: The Nice Spider <thenicespider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:19:18 -0700 (PDT)
> Bruce Marshall wrote:
>
>> I specifically buy SuSE linux because they provide
such a wide range of
>> ready-to-run applications.
>
> don't worry. A new selection system is on the way
that will give the

http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-factory/2006-Jul/0074.html

> jdd

nice work! but i see some package with same function
stilll exists! i.e:
- gnome or kde (fvwm2 is not popular), please choose
only 1, we can not
serve 2 master
- mail server: postfix or devecot
- office app only 1 nominator, open office
- etc.

and "pattern" with "must-have" and "should-have" must
me put in the first cd
while "may-have" put as additional/extra cd. i believe
the dev of opensuse
will increase very quick.