[SLE] roaming profiles ?
  • From: Peter Sutter <sutterp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:25:06 +0800
I am in a situation where "roaming profiles" are required (11 machines), so
that the desktop settings etc move with the user, i.e. the user expects his
desktop on whichever workstation he logs in.

I was thinking that the easiest way would be to put /home on the server and do
an nfs mount at login. Unfortunately the environment is a bit more complex,
the clients run different linuxes, currently there are SuSE Linux V8.2, SuSE
Linux V9.1, SuSE Linux V9.2, Ubuntu 6.06 and Fedora workstations.

I can't see how "roaming profiles" could easily be realised in such an
environment, the question is can it be done without too much effort?

Peter