[SLE] zmd error message at login
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:04:46 +0200 (CEST)
Hello all:

I have disabled zmd (novell-zmd) in YaST/System/System
services. Since that I alway get an error message when I login
to my kde desktop. The message window is titled "Software
updater error" and it says: "zmd does not appear to be
running". This is normal since zmd is disabled but I would like
to get rid of this message popping up again and again.
I've checked the kde control center/kde components/service
manager whether I can turn off something related to zmd but I
could not find what to turn off (if there is something there at
all).

How could I get rid of this message and disable software
updater for my kde session?

Thanks,
IG