Re: [SLE] zmd error message at login
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:48:21 +1000
Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello all:

I have disabled zmd (novell-zmd) in YaST/System/System services. Since that I alway get an error message when I login to my kde desktop. The message window is titled "Software updater error" and it says: "zmd does not appear to be running". This is normal since zmd is disabled but I would like to get rid of this message popping up again and again.
I've checked the kde control center/kde components/service manager whether I can turn off something related to zmd but I could not find what to turn off (if there is something there at all).

How could I get rid of this message and disable software updater for my kde session?

Go Start/System/Yast Control Centre/System/System Services (Runlevels) and switch off Novell-zmd.

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus