Re: [SLE] USB flash memory drive problem
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:29:55 +0200
Catimimi <catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Your problem could be a USB hub problem, I've got such a problem in
> the past with a hub which was not really USB 2.0 compatible.

The manufacturer claims it has "Eight USB 2.0 EHCI ports". The
motherboard is Thunder K8WE (S2895),
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we_spec.html .

I've downloaded Linux drivers from
ftp://ftp.tyan.com/drivers_linux/nVidia_chipset/ but they are for
network and audio only. For USB, the Release Notes say:

Q: Does NVIDIA supply a Linux driver for the USB and USB2.0 devices?

A: The USB and USB2.0 devices use the industry standard OHCI and EHCI
interfaces, and will work with the standard Linux USB drivers.

Apparently, the standard Linux USB drivers do not work with Tyan S2895
in my case.

--
A.M.