Re: [SLE] SPAM: How to install a really fresh SUSE?
  • From: The Nice Spider <thenicespider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:31:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Carl William Spitzer IV" <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> Is this a bug or suse limitation? When I do
reinstall
>> SUSE 10.1 I get new
>> dev/sda6, it's look like SUSE don't delete all
>> existing partition. I know,
>> when I choose "expert" thre are 2 option: repair
>> partition and bootable
>> partition.
>>
>> so, i must boot manually using MS DOS, delete all
>> partition and reinstall
>> SUSE :(
>
> Not if the partitions are fine in the other OS, then
just do a clean
> install and choose custom partitioning, choose
wisely and just reformat
> and reinstall only /boot / and swap leaving /home(a
separate partition)
> untouched.

base on you solution I found that we can do fresh
installation, follow this
steps:
1. choose New Instalation
2. choose Custom Partition, press next
3. there is an option here to "Delete entire
harddisk"!

the bad instruction on installation should be fixed,
it's "new installation"
mean "install on existing partition" which make me
confuse. on other
os/distro like Redhat/FC, Ubuntu and Windows, "new
installation" mean
"delete entire hdd and install new one".

thanks Carl!