Re: [SLE] zmd error message at login
  • From: Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:10:09 +0100
On Thursday 20 July 2006 07:12, Basil Chupin wrote:
> michael norman wrote:

> >> Go Start/System/Yast Control Centre/System/System Services (Runlevels)
> >> and switch off Novell-zmd.
> >
> > I have done that and I still get the same error message as the OP.
>
> Just a suggestion: is it still running even though you have disabled it
> in System Services? Did you reboot after disabling it? Does it show up
> if you (as root) issue the command 'ps aux' (without the quotes)?

No, he has already succesfully disabled the zmd service. If he hadn't, there
wouldn't be an error! The remaining wrinkle (and I have it too) is that the
small updater application, that sticks an icon in the system tray, is still
being run on login. It looks for the disable zmd service, can't find it, and
throws up an error. When you click OK in the dialogue the program terminates.
I've had a quick hunt for the bloody thing starting it up, but it's hiding
somewhere in my filesystem, keeping its head down. It's not a critical
problem, it just looks untidy and is rather irritating.
--
Steve Boddy