Re: [SLE] Fethmail and Cyrus - no mail
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:46:04 +0200
On Thursday 20 July 2006 18:34, David Wright wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 20. Juli 2006 18:15 schrieb Anders Johansson:
> > On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:59, David Wright wrote:
> > > I'm migrating to SUSE 10.1 64-bit, on my 10.0 32-bit system everything
> > > worked fine.
> > >
> > > I installed Cyrus IMAP. The Cyrus side is working fine, I'm connected
> > > and I have transferred my emails from my old server.
> > >
> > > I set up in the MTA in YaST my accounts and set it to transfer the
> > > email to Cyrus. The mail is pulled from my host server, but don't make
> > > it to Cyrus...
> > >
> > > Am I missing a step somewhere?
> >
> > Have a look at /var/log/mail and see if you get any error messages. Since
> > you don't detail your steps it's hard to say if you've missed something.
> > Perhaps you forgot to tell postfix your domain name, so it doesn't know
> > it's supposed to accept email for you? Perhaps you're using different
> > usernames on the external mail server and forgot to tell fetchmail about
> > it when you configured it?
> >
> > /var/log/mail will usually give you the answer
>
> OK, I'm getting
>
> postfix/local[31539] warning: connect #2 to subsystem private/lmtp:
> Operation not permitted"

Hm. I don't recognize that error message. Could be either a bad config entry
in /etc/postfix/main.cf or it could be AppArmor blocking it

Try running "rcsubdomain stop" and see if that helps

Otherwise, send the output of "postconf mailbox_transport". It should
say /var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

> a number of times, ending in fatal.
>
> I set it up to pull down mail from 5 different accounts and forward them
> all to my user account in Cyrus, which exists. The logs show that the mail
> has been pulled down, but it looks like the connection between postfix and
> cyrus is failing...

Always test to see if everything is working before you start using it for
real. It's simple to set kmail to use this postfix as mail server, and
sending a mail to your own account. That way you will know if it works,
before you start using real email

> Also, just noticed in the logs, that it is attempting to contact the
> mailbox user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! Surely it should contact localhost OR
> the server, not concatenate the pair together...

should be fine, the important thing is that it's something postfix recognizes
as its own domain