Re: [SLE] zmd error message at login [SOLVED]
  • From: Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:52:49 +0100
On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:06, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Ah, OK, understand. I don't use zmd but still have it hanging around in
> the system tray.
>
> What happens if you right click on the icon and either QUIT it or
> reconfigure its settings? I know that with some icon there (I don't
> remember which one) I QUIT on it and it disappeared and I could only
> bring it back by selecting the "service" in the Start/System or wherever
> it was shown.

You can't access the GUI if the service isn't running. (I never thought of
re-enabling the service temporarily... Doh!) On startup you get an error, and
acknowledging it (click OK) causes the updater to quit, but still reappear
next login. No opportunity to change any config or anything.

However, by digging I found the solution (as root):

# cd /etc/xdg
# cp -ar autostart autostart.disabled
# rm autostart/zen-updater-auto.desktop

Now when you login the updater won't start. The xdg folder is part of the
fledgling cross desktop compatability standard.
--
Steve Boddy