Re: [SLE] zmd error message at login [SOLVED]
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:23:11 +1000
Stephen Boddy wrote:
On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:06, Basil Chupin wrote:
Ah, OK, understand. I don't use zmd but still have it hanging around in
the system tray.

What happens if you right click on the icon and either QUIT it or
reconfigure its settings? I know that with some icon there (I don't
remember which one) I QUIT on it and it disappeared and I could only
bring it back by selecting the "service" in the Start/System or wherever
it was shown.

You can't access the GUI if the service isn't running. (I never thought of re-enabling the service temporarily... Doh!) On startup you get an error, and acknowledging it (click OK) causes the updater to quit, but still reappear next login. No opportunity to change any config or anything.

However, by digging I found the solution (as root):

# cd /etc/xdg
# cp -ar autostart autostart.disabled
# rm autostart/zen-updater-auto.desktop

Now when you login the updater won't start. The xdg folder is part of the fledgling cross desktop compatability standard.

Thanks for this solution. I've taken a note of it because I'll be wiping zmd off my system (and therefore from the system tray) very shortly.

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus