[SLE] PDF form editing
  • From: "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:30:16 +0200
Hi,

I am interested in inserting text into the text blocks on a PDF application form ie entering data into those little square blocks they give to write your details into.

Is there a way to convert a PDF document to a human readable format, add the required text and then re-PDF the form?

I do not have a printer and therefore would need to save the document to a USB stick, visit a friend's printer and print the necessary form, fill it in and then fax it. It would be SO much easier if I could edit the relevant fields, insert an image of my signature, re PDF the document, and then email it.

I was thinking along the lines of reverse 'engineering' ie we can currently do OOo to PDF, why not a PDF to OOo with limited functionality?