Re: [SLE] Duplicating a directory structure
  • From: "Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:11:13 -0400
On 7/27/06, Marlier, Ian <ian.marlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Hrm...except that those are going to bring the files with them -- I just
want an empty directory tree.

Is there a flag for either tar or cp that tells it to only see/move
directories, and not files?

it is only lightly tested.

newdir="My-new-target-directory"; find . -type d -print0 | (mkdir
$newdir; cd $newdir; xargs -0 mkdir -p)

The print0 causes each pathname to be terminated by a null. The -0
for xargs causes it to look for the null as an argument seperator.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group