Re: [SLE] Using local update mirror during install of 10.1
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:42:37 -0600

> While a brief bout of googling revealed how to add a local update
> mirror after install using rug, I could find no mention of how to
> specify a local mirror for updates during the initial install of the
> boxed set of SUSE-10.1. With a lot of computers to install on, this
> would be most useful, especially since doing an update during the
> install seems to be the cleanest way to fix 10.1's update bug.

I do it during the installation. I do not remember the questions exactly
and I was unable to find any screen shots. The question is do you have
any additionall pacakges to install? This allows you to add the
additional sources. You click on it and then add all your local sources.

I have added the following.

nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/local/suse/suse/i386/10.1/inst-source
nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/local/suse/suse/i386/10.1/non-oss-inst-source
nfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/local/suse/suse/i386/update/10.1

I add the packman stuff after the original installations.

ftp://packman-mirror/suse/10.1

- --
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>