Re: [SLE] Yast2 online update Problem
  • From: Mike Coan <mikecoan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:39:58 -0400
Michael,

> [stuff deleted]

> Two days ago I was trying to update Suse 10.1 (where is this information
> hidden, Yast2 seems to be versionless!) after I had determined that my
> ghostscript was out of date. Yast2 -> YOU -> selecting a few checkboxes,
> continue -> update runs. When I returned later, I saw a dialog box
> indicating a restart shall be commencing. Ok'd, after which YOU starts
> again (?). Again selecting a few checkboxes, continue -> update runs. When
> I returned later I see that the console is full whith these error messages:
>
> /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/YaST2/plugin/libpy2Pkg.so.2: undefined symbol:
> _ZN4zypp13SourceManager7restoreENS_10filesystem8PathnameEbRKSsS4_

> [stuff deleted}

> Well, I can now neither install nor deinstall with Yast2. Yast(1) seems to
> call the same internal software, because I receive the same hang-up, but on
> the console so I can't read the error messages.

> [stuff deleted]

Are you running the x86_64 version of SuSE 10.1? I am and I have the same
problem. Most of YAST works, but the "Online Update," "Software
Installation," and "Installation Source" modules all crash.

I manually updated the kernel and kernel source, and checked the 10.1 update
directory for the latest yast rpms, but that doesn't help. Everything else
seems to function quite well, including vmware. The only other program that
doesn't work is zen-updater, which had been working.

If you find a solution other than reinstalling, please post it here.

My 32bit version of SuSE 10.1 at home doesn't have this problem.

Mike

--
Michael A. Coan
Woodlawn Foundation