Re: [SLE] Cups stuck on A4 with 10.1
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:07:31 -0600
On 28/07/06 06:13, Nick Zentena wrote:
> Okay 10.0 had a love of A4 but I was able to get it to print. 10.1 really
>seems to LOVE A4 paper. No matter how I change things it refuses to print and
>when I check the settings in the cups print manager it's back to A4 not US
>letter. I've restarted the server. I've recreated printers queues.I've tried
>not using the test and sending a test to the printer. I've stood on my head.
>
> Other then printing 10.1 seems great. Much faster on my system then 10.0
Open Yast/Hardware/Printers, then in the "Printer Configuration" panel,
click on the "change" button in the bottom half of the screen. Select
the printer, and click "edit". Highlight "printing filter settings" and
click "edit". This will bring up a panel called "Configuration Options",
and this has two panels, "options" in the top half and "values" in the
bottom.

Click on "media size" in the options panel, then find and click "letter"
in the "values" panel. You can do a print test here if you wish. Click
"next", then "OK", and finally "Finish".