Re: [SLE] Router with two internal NIC's
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:04:26 +0200
Nikodemus Karlsson wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to set up a router with two internal NIC's and one NIC
> connected to Internet.

Three NICs in total and two internal networks?

> I have enabled DHCP support for the internal net. On the SuSE 10.1
> box, I get an IP from my isp, and I have connection to the Internet.
> On my client machines, I get IP's from the SuSE box, but I have no
> connection to either the Internet or the SuSE box.

There must be a connection to the SUSE box as your client machines got
their IP addresses from there. So how did you determine that there is
"no connection" - pinging?

For connection to the internet, did you enable IP forwarding on your
SUSE box?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich