Re: [SLE] Cups stuck on A4 with 10.1
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:44:43 -0600
On 29/07/06 10:13, Nick Zentena wrote:
>On Friday 28 July 2006 13:07, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
>

>>> Other then printing 10.1 seems great. Much faster on my system then 10.0
>>>
>>Open Yast/Hardware/Printers, then in the "Printer Configuration" panel,
>>click on the "change" button in the bottom half of the screen. Select
>>the printer, and click "edit". Highlight "printing filter settings" and
>>click "edit". This will bring up a panel called "Configuration Options",
>>and this has two panels, "options" in the top half and "values" in the
>>bottom.
>>
>>Click on "media size" in the options panel, then find and click "letter"
>>in the "values" panel. You can do a print test here if you wish. Click
>>"next", then "OK", and finally "Finish".
>>

> I'd already done all this and letter wouldn't stick. Something is still
>screwed up -(
OK, try it directly in CUPS then. Create a CUPS admin using lppasswd
(the password needs to be at least 8 characters, and I think also must
contain at least one letter and one number -- no uppercase requirement,
though). Then log into the CUPS printer administration at
http://localhost:631/printers, and click "Configure" for the problem
printer. Media size is in the "general" section.