Re: [SLE] partition size ??
  • From: mikus@xxxxxxx (Mikus Grinbergs)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:57:40 -0500
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:16:28 -0400 James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 64 MB for /boot is also a bit much. I have a 15 MB partition for mine
> and it's barely half full.

Unfortunately, installation of a new kernel needs 7+ MB free in
/boot. It is entirely possible that with a 15 MB partition, any
attempt to install a newer kernel version will fail. I do install
new kernels, and have found a partition size of 20 MB for /boot to
be a "squeaker", even when I made sure to beforehand 'remove' all
kernel versions from the system except for the one that is running.

mikus