Re: [SLE] Router with two internal NIC's
  • From: Nikodemus Karlsson <nikodemus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:03:43 +0200

30 jul 2006 kl. 03.09 skrev James Knott:

Nikodemus Karlsson wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to set up a router with two internal NIC's and one NIC
connected to Internet. I have enabled DHCP support for the internal net.
On the SuSE 10.1 box, I get an IP from my isp, and I have connection to
the Internet. On my client machines, I get IP's from the SuSE box, but I
have no connection to either the Internet or the SuSE box. When I
disable one NIC, I have connections. It seems like the problems occure
when there are more than one internal NIC.

Any one who knows the solution?

I have a 3 port firewall/router running SUSE 10 here and it works fine.
You say you're running DHCP. I assume you've got the two local
networks on different subnets. If so, each subnet will need it's own
unique default route.

How do I set the default route for the subnets? Can I do it in YaST?

/Nikodemus