Re: [opensuse] How to contribute to XGL hardware database?
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:42:50 +0200
On Jul 29, 06 08:29:29 +1000, Peter Flodin wrote:
> Is there a procedure to report results to the XGL hardware database?
> For example I have a laptop with an ATI Mobility adapter, that works
> very well, but in Desktop Enhancements it gets reported that the card
> is not in the database.

In the database are only cards that have been tested in-house, because
only these tests can assure that we can support a graphics card.

So, no, to the best of my knowledge this isn't possible. However, if the
wiki states that your hardware is not working, and it is now with a
newer driver, please update the wiki. Also please update the wiki if you
have a card that does not work and isn't mentioned yet.

> Ideally there should be a button right in that interface to report
> back. Something similar to the Ubuntu Device Database Collection

No. The hardware list is about certification, a user cannot do this.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __
Phone +49-911-74053-715 __) |_| __) |__ labs www.mshopf.de