Re: [opensuse] RepoKommander for SUSE Linux
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 00:22:03 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

I guess it would be a good idea to rely as much as possible on the
"redirection" URLs at download/software.opensuse.org. The redirection
mechanism is pretty much refined now - the server "knows" about presence
of almost every single file at the host to which the redirection will
show. Christoph, isn't it?

Yep, and the code that is used to redirect people and keep a state cache
is open and available for review and suggestions at
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/tools/download-redirector/

A good thing.

And please Christoph list what gets redirected to the pool of mirrors.
For all these directories, the "main" URL would be best.

??

Just tell us the "main" URLs which redirect to the mirror pool.

I know it is the 10.1 tree and the build server tree, and I hope factory too soon, but which URL redirects what?

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)