Re: [opensuse] Re: MiniSUSE project page.
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:23:42 +0200
HG wrote:

4) No X

with 10.0 I could strip this under 500Mb, with some work. It's much too big (I already installed debian in 180Mb)

But can it be implemented just by creating number of different
predefined package selections

this should be possible with the new package management system.

the problem I see is that dependencies are written in rpm's by dveloppers of the application, not SUSE. So at first this may be only available for packages homed in the openSUSE build system :-(

in the mean time, we continue to work by hand :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net