Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Kenneth Schneider <suse-list2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:24:31 -0400
On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 08:29 +0200, jdd wrote:
> Ken Schneider wrote:
>
> > Which is why I stated that the repo would have to be registered with
> > openSUSE in order to be included. Not to say they couldn't added
> > manually like they are now.
> >

> us laws (and many others) forgive even linking to copyright
> infringment software (lbdvcss, by example, necessary to read
> video dvd on linux), so suse can't have automatic linking to
> these.

Which is why it would have to be registered _and_ approved before being
included in the list.

> that is why I proposed that yast could read special file _on
> the server side_
>
> I mean any suse repository can hold a "repo-register" file.
> downloading this file with a browser should make this repo
> included in yast. (remember the "make this repo in yast" of
> Konqueror in 10.0 and before)

Which would have to be manually found and added to YaST like it is now.

> this way, Yast don't know initially of any repo and so SUSE
> can't be sued in law.

I was just trying to come up with a legal easier way to have repos in
YaST, registered, _approved_ and legal repos to chose from.

--
Ken Schneider