Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:19:58 +0200
Thomas Hertweck wrote:

You start to annoy me because you drag this discussion into something
that was never intended.

you have problems related to general decision. modules are lacking because they was causing problems, not for I don't know what kind if hazardous decision. this is explained on the wiki.

I DO care about the things

nice. it's why these module where removed. and we couldn't afford to way.

if my house is at risk, I can't wait for a friendly solution.

must be transparent for the end user and the "solution" shouldn't make
life much more complicated for the user. Dropping proprietary modules
without an adequate replacement makes life much more complicated

i this make it more complicated. This is the price to pay for safety. why bother to have a firewall? this is complicated! remove it... same thing

- check
the mailing list archives if you don't believe it. Not being able to
install NVIDIA drivers via YAST makes life more complicated for many
users. Do you disagree with that?

ask Nvidia!! I use Nvidia with stock drivers without any problem (no use of 3d)

There are other examples. That's why
there should be an adequate replacement for a functionality before old
things are dropped.

it here that we don't agree. they should be replacement, of course, but not at security or legal infringement price.

and if you don't worry, why use Linux in the first place, why not Windows (there are many more windows users than Unbutu users, no?)

If you have arguments, I am happy to discuss the topic with you. If you
only want to write flames, then please stop it. You don't have to reply
to my emails.

so don't say we must follow unbutu because it have more user than we have. I just show you how this argument sucks.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net