Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:34:02 +0200
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 03:17:59PM -0300, Druid wrote:

> >No, both work the same way, both systems depends on which repos do
> >you have
> >enabled. There is no differrence. We miss a easy way to add external
> >repositories, repo discovery, and integration with packages in the build
> >service.
>

> We miss performance in the package management tasks

I hope and am confident that we get that back. :)

> We miss t-shirts and stickers yes

Well.

> We miss the fact that Novell doesnt seem to care a lot about what their
> users would like to have. Instead they prefer to simply ignore and take
> decisions the way they like.

We do care.

Well, at least I do and I know several people in the openSUSE and SUSE
Linux teams that do.

Understand that we have our constraints, but we are watching the Wishlists
and try to incorporate feedback.

Ciao, Marcus (packager of etherape and aircrack-ng, both from the network
wishlist)