Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: "Dominik Jais" <djais@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:11:15 +0200
The big problem using the SUSE Package Management is the resolve of dependencies
over the Internet. Installation of one program is okay, but unresolved dependencies are not
solved over the net. Thats the big benefit of Apt.

Perhaps there will be a solution for the SUSE?

Clayton wrote:

>> ¿Why Ubuntu is more popular tha SUSE despite thier young life?
>>
>> Maybe the response of that question can help the grow and improving
>> of our
>> community.
>

> One HUGE factor with EVERYONE I know that uses Ubuntu or Kubuntu is...

That it will install on almost any laptop.

> _package_management_.

Package management - this is bull - typical developer thinking which has
nothing to do with users.